Friday, March 6, 2009

Doomtree - Kid Gloves

| More

I love the lyrics to this song. I want you to hear them.

Doomtree - Kid Gloves




Kid Gloves - Doomtree

Click the link if you can't play the thingy.

XOXO,
Joyride


"I dont fight just to bleed(I wont) I wear my stripes on my sleeve and keep my heart where its supposed to be, I know my enemy(me) Only let my friends close to me, Cleared my head, awoke myself from your broken dream, It gets hard doesnt it, like love and war is redundant, both demand strong hands and strong stomachs, I rock brass knuckles over my kid gloves, like you wake up with busted teeth, but know you felt real love, I hated to chase her, I rock glass fronts over my real teeth, like you wake up with broken dreams but know you felt real love, And I found your pale-faced blue-lipped god beneath the kitchen table, starving and eating paper, he told me what you wrote and what you asked, nothing can live on prayers like that, My blood is thicker than liquor, your skin is thinner than money, Ive seen a ghost in every picture youve taken, this love is hidden in scripture, my pen is splintered and bloody, I hear a ghost in every record Im making, She said she left to find the meaning of life, whatever that means... I wonder where she's sleeping tonight" -Mictlan, Dessa, Sims

1 comment:

Alex said...

"And I found your pale-faced blue-lipped god beneath the kitchen table, starving and eating paper, he told me what you wrote and what you asked, nothing can live on prayers like that" Doomtree - The Wren, not Kid Gloves, great line none the less, Dessa is a spoken word Goddess